Adding a VCF File to Your Outlook Contacts
- Click the File menu and select "Open & Export".
- Click "Import/Export".
- Select"Import a VCARD File (.vcf)" and click.
- Browse your computer for the.vcf file and click.
- Review your new contact.Your new contact will be listed in the People section of Outlook. In Outlook 2013, you can access this by clicking the People tab at the bottom of the window.
Importing a VCF File into Your Gmail Account
- Open the Gmail Contacts page.You can access this directly by visitingcontacts.google.com.
- Click the "More" button at the bottom of the list of contacts.
- Select"Import..." from the menu.
- Click the.button.Select the .vcf file that you want to add.
- Click the "Import" button once you've selected the file.The contact will be added to your Contacts list.
Importing a VCF File into Your iCloud Account
Editing a VCF File with Excel
- Download the "VCard to XLS" utility.This is a free Excel macro that converts .vcf files into .xls format. This allows you to easily edit .vcf files with multiple entries. You can download it fromsourceforge.net/projects/vcf-to-xls/. You will need tounzip the filebefore you can use it.
- Open the .xls file that you downloaded.Disable "Protected Mode" by clicking the "Enable Editing" button. Enable macros when prompted as well.
- Follow the prompts to open the.vcf file.The file will be converted, and will then be opened in a new Excel workbook.
- Review and edit the file.You will be able to see each entry in the .vcf file on each row, with all of the available information in each column. You can edit any information that you want.
- Export the file when you're finished.Once you're done making changes, export it as a .csv file, which can be read by nearly any contacts program.
- Click the File menu and select "Export".
- Click "Change File Type" and then select "CSV (Comma delimited)".
- Name the file and save it.
- Import the .csv file into your contacts program.You can import a .csv file like you would a .vcf file in most cases. Select ".csv" or "CSV" if prompted.