- Ensure you have the right kind of shampoo.When creating slime with shampoo and toothpaste, you'll need to make sure that you have the right kind of shampoo. A shampoo that's too runny won't do the job properly - you'll need a thicker shampoo. Just about any brand of toothpaste will work, though.
- Pour the shampoo into a bowl.Add the toothpaste. Make sure there are equal amounts of shampoo and toothpaste, but don't overfill your bowl!
- Mix well.Taking a spoon or a stick, begin to mix the shampoo and the toothpaste together. Keep at it until the shampoo and the toothpaste are fully mixed together. The time this takes may vary between the brands being used and how fast you mix. But be careful not to mix too fast - you don't want to spill everywhere!
- This might seem obvious, but make sure to wash the spoon afterwards. Putting the mix in your mouth wouldn't taste good at all.
- Place your shampoo and toothpaste mixture in the freezer for about 10 minutes.Remember to check on it to make sure it doesn't freeze into a hard, ice-like mixture. You want it to be firm, not solid.
- Remove the mix from the freezer.After ten minutes, remove the mixture from the freezer and mix it again. If it is still wet and sticky, you can add more toothpaste or place the slime back in the freezer. You can also add cornstarch or flour on the top if you have any, but don't add too much.
- If you want color, mix in food coloring and place in the freezer for two minutes.
- If you want glitter, mix in the glitter and place in the freezer for two minutes.
- Finished!Store your slime in a jar or other closed container.
Things You'll Need
- Name-brand, non-runny shampoo
- Small bowl