Third-Party Discount Sites
- Choose the products you want to peruse by the level of discount that is offered.Go to tjshome.com/greatdeals.php and click on the percent, such as 50 percent or 90 percent, in the shopping category of your choice.
- Navigate to a new window where all the products offered are all 50 or 90 percent off.
- Add the item to your cart to automatically receive the discount.
- Go to CheapSally.com to find current Amazon discounts in an easy to read format.
- Type the word "Amazon" into the search bar. Press "Enter."
- Scroll through the list of Amazon deals that are active as of today. You can learn what shopping categories are highly discounted. These can range from whole departments, like "Home and Garden" to certain products.
- Click on the "Activate Savings" button to go to Amazon. Place the item in your shopping cart. Always double-check to make sure the discount is as advertised on CheapSally.com, since some discounts may not be removed immediately after they expire.
Amazon Gold Box
- Go to a search engine.Type in Amazon Gold Box. Gold Box is a list of flash discounts that Amazon has gathered to promote that day.
- Look out for Amazon's free daily app and Kindle daily deal. The Kindle daily deal is an ebook offered at a deep discount each day.
- Open the link for Amazon's official Gold Box site.You should see "Lightening Deals" and "Deal of the Day" on this page.
- Bookmark this page.Refresh the page frequently to see new lightening deals that are posted approximately every hour.
- Click "Select Options" and then "Add to Cart" when you want to buy a discounted item.
Amazon Warehouse Deals
- Go back to your search engine.Type in "Amazon Warehouse Deals." Navigate to the first link, Amazon's official site for selling items with damaged packaging at discounted prices.
- All items on Amazon Warehouse Deals are listed as "Used." In this case, they are aesthetically damaged or returned, but not a resale product.
- Click on the department category on the left hand side of the page to narrow down the available discounts.
- Select the product you like.Click on "More buying choices" in the upper right hand corner to see all the prices this product is being sold at.
- Add the item that you want to the cart.The discount and shipping options will be automatically added.
Amazon Price Alerts
- Use a third-party alert system to find out when a product is offered for a steeper discount.
- Find a product on Amazon from a specific seller.This is best when there are limited sellers or sellers that offer very good shipping prices.
- Go to onlinepricealert.com.Create a new price alert by going to onlinepricealert.com/create.
- Paste in the Amazon product URL.Type in your email address.
- Set the price that you would like the Amazon product to fall under.Submit your alert. You will receive an email when your price drops.
Amazon Subscribe and Save
- Shop for grocery or items that you frequently buy on Amazon.com.
- Look for the price listing in the upper right hand corner.Notice if you see a box under the "Add to Cart" button that says "Subscribe and Save."
- Click on "Subscribe and Save" to enter into a subscription service.You will state you want to order this item again every month, 3 months or 6 months automatically.
- Purchase your item.
- Look out for emails from the subscription service.They will alert you so that you can cancel or delay before the order goes through. If you keep the subscription service, you will be eligible for 10 to 15 percent discounts each time you order.
- You can return to the item and cancel your subscription at any time.
- Learn to navigate your search results by those that offer free shipping.Free shipping can save you a large percent of your purchase price at checkout.
- Search for an item. Look for the ways you can filter your search results in the left hand column. Choose "Free Super Saver Shipping" and all the remaining results will have free shipping if you purchase more than $25 worth of products that qualify for Super Saver Shipping.
- Sign up for Amazon's targeted programs, such as Amazon Prime, Amazon Student and Amazon Mom.These programs may come with a free trial, and you can receive extra discounts off certain services. If you use Amazon frequently, you can get a large number of discounts.
- Amazon Prime is a service that allows you to receive 2-day shipping at no extra cost, if you pay $79 per year for the service. You will be given a 1-month trial, so choose a time when you will be frequently buying gifts/products from Amazon. You also get access to a free Kindle lending library and Amazon instant streaming.